New Democrat Coalition Chair-Elect Announces Leadership for 116th Congress
Today, the New Democrat Coalition (NDC) announced its expanded leadership team, including specific roles for Vice Chairs, for the 116th Congress. Collectively, the four Vice-Chairs will facilitate Coalition communications, policy work, member services, and outreach. This structure harnesses the unique talent each Member brings to the Coalition and will further the execution of the Coalition’s vision.
Additionally, Chair-Elect Derek Kilmer (WA-06) announced three Members to serve in leadership positions within the Coalition: Rep. Pete Aguilar (CA-31) as Whip and Reps. Kathleen Rice (NY-04) and Ami Bera (CA-07) as Leadership Members.
“Now at more than 90-strong, the New Democrat Coalition will push Congress to look at old problems through a new lens. We are laser-focused on growing the pie, creating jobs in every part of the country, and building an economy where businesses innovate and create more economic opportunities for more people in more places,” Chair-elect Derek Kilmer said.
- Chair – Rep. Derek Kilmer (WA-06)
- Vice Chair for Communications – Rep. Ann McLane Kuster (NH-02)
- Vice Chair for Member Services – Rep. Scott Peters (CA-52)
- Vice Chair for Outreach – Rep. Terri Sewell (AL-07)
- Vice Chair for Policy Coordination – Rep. Suzan DelBene (WA-01)
- Whip – Rep. Pete Aguilar (CA-31)
- Leadership Member – Rep. Kathleen Rice (NY-04)
- Leadership Member – Rep. Ami Bera (CA-07)
- Chair Emeritus – Rep. Jim Himes (CT-04)
To give the 30 newly inducted NDC members-elect a voice in our Coalition’s direction, Chair-Elect Kilmer announced his intention to create an additional leadership member position and an assistant whip position reserved for the incoming freshman. Those positions will be announced in the coming weeks.
The New Democrat Coalition’s leadership team will take office in the 116th Congress.
Next Article Previous Article