Climate change is an existential threat to the health, national security, economic prosperity, and future of our people and planet. The New Democrat Coalition is committed to advancing an ambitious evidence- and science-based agenda to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050 at the latest, leveraging every tool available for a swift and just transition to a more sustainable and cleaner planet and economy. The NDC has been working to advance policies as part of our 100 Day Agenda to create quality jobs, tackle climate change and build our clean energy future. The NDC Climate Change Task Force will work to:
- Combat climate change through global action and American leadership
- Transition to a climate-forward economy, modernize the energy grid, create high quality jobs, and spur next-generation technology innovation
- Set strong and stable price signals through market-based and -oriented approaches, and eliminate existing clean energy inequities and barriers to growth
- Invest in workers, communities, resilience, and relief
Co-Chairs: Reps. Sean Casten and Susan Wild
- Note: Full Task Force Membership to be announced.