Make it easier for Americans with a good idea to start a business
- Problem: Despite the longest economic expansion in history, new business formation is at record lows. Fewer businesses being created means less economic dynamism, which dampens economic growth and reduces new opportunities for workers.
- Solution: Startups and small businesses help spur the innovation and growth that drive the American economy, creating more opportunities for workers. More new businesses, innovations, and new ideas bring more choices and access to goods and services for consumers. The NDC believes Congress should:
- Reorient federal agencies to better support small and new businesses
- Expand access to capital for underserved communities, small businesses, and early-growth stage companies
- Encourage private investments in communities and entrepreneurs in regions outside of major economic hubs