New Democrat Coalition Expands Leadership Team
Today, the New Democrat Coalition (NDC) announced its expanded leadership team for the 116th Congress with the election of Rep. Chrissy Houlahan as Freshman Leadership Representative and the appointment of Rep. Mikie Sherrill as Freshman Whip.
To give the 31 newly inducted NDC members a voice in our Coalition’s direction, Chair Kilmer created a leadership representative position and an assistant whip position reserved for the incoming freshmen.
“The New Democrat Coalition has an extraordinarily talented group of new members who are going to help us push Congress to look at old problems through a new lens. Given their impressive backgrounds and visionary perspectives, Chrissy Houlahan and Mikie Sherrill will be valuable members of our leadership team and important voices for our new members. With their involvement, I’m confident that our coalition will be well positioned to work on initiatives to grow more economic opportunities for more people in more places,” said New Democrat Coalition Chair Derek Kilmer.
"I am proud to serve as the Freshman Leadership Representative in the New Democrat Coalition this Congress. I ran for Congress on the belief that the prosperity of our nation and the world relies on harnessing the power of the for-profit sector to not only do well but do good. I believe you can be both pro-security, pro-business, pro-innovation, pro-growth and pro-opportunity while also being pro-people and pro-planet. This is the message of the New Democrat Coalition and I look forward to working with them in this new role to help make that vision a reality," said New Democrat Coalition Chair Freshman Leadership Representative Chrissy Houlahan.
“With a diverse new generation of leaders bringing the concerns of their constituents to Washington, the freshman New Democrats have a strong voice in Congress. Our shared focus on building broad coalitions to grow middle-class prosperity and empower the future workforce will help all Americans across the country. I’m honored to serve to on the leadership team in 116th Congress,” said New Democrat Coalition Freshman Whip Mikie Sherrill.
- Chair – Rep. Derek Kilmer (WA-06)
- Vice Chair for Communications – Rep. Ann McLane Kuster (NH-02)
- Vice Chair for Member Services – Rep. Scott Peters (CA-52)
- Vice Chair for Outreach – Rep. Terri Sewell (AL-07)
- Vice Chair for Policy Coordination – Rep. Suzan DelBene (WA-01)
- Whip – Rep. Pete Aguilar (CA-31)
- Leadership Member – Rep. Kathleen Rice (NY-04)
- Leadership Member – Rep. Ami Bera (CA-07)
- Chair Emeritus – Rep. Jim Himes (CT-04)
- Freshman Leadership Representative – Rep. Chrissy Houlahan (PA-06)
- Freshman Whip – Rep. Mikie Sherrill (NJ-11)
Next Article Previous Article