Reduce Health Care Costs
Ensure patients get the care they need by reducing costs and complexities, increasing transparency, and modernizing our health care system.
- Problem: Even for Americans with health insurance, health care can still be complex, costly, or even inaccessible. This can often prevent many Americans from seeking regular preventative care and screenings that may keep them healthy or catch a problem early, leading to worse health outcomes and greater costs to the health care system and patients. Furthermore, some communities do not have any, or adequate, access to health facilities and providers, making it even more difficult and costly to access care.
- Solution: Congress should prioritize reducing costs and complexities, increase transparency, and modernize our health care system to meet the needs of the 21st century. Doing so will create better health outcomes, lower patient costs, and make the system more resilient and equitable. The NDC believes Congress should:
- Reduce costs and increase access to care by embracing innovation
- Give patients more tools to navigate the health care system by increasing transparency in pricing and coverage options to help ensure patients are not liable for unfair costs
- Expand availability of and access to affordable care and qualified health professionals in underserved and rural communities
- More on those efforts.