Expand Affordable Health Coverage
Strengthen and improve our existing health care system to achieve affordable, universal insurance coverage
- Problem: Millions of Americans received health insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), but partisan attacks have undermined the benefits and stability of the ACA, leaving health care out of reach or unaffordable for millions of Americans.
- Solution: Congress must defend the health care coverage of millions of Americans against destabilizing efforts and embrace new policies that build on its foundation to reach affordable, universal coverage. The NDC believes Congress should:
- Reverse partisan actions of the Trump Administration that undermine the protections, affordability, and availability of health coverage and care
- Stabilize health insurance markets, and make insurance costs more affordable
- Build a pathway to universal coverage by building on the foundation of the ACA
- More on those efforts.