In June, the New Democrat Coalition released a comprehensive action plan to fight inflation, lower the cost of living for Americans, and secure the long-term fiscal future of the nation. The New Dem plan examines the actions President Biden and Congressional Democrats have already taken to cut costs and outlines tangible steps federal policymakers can take to reduce prices on essential goods and services and provide relief to American families, workers, and businesses.
New Dems will work closely with the Biden administration and our colleagues on both sides of the Capitol and the aisle to fully execute this Action Plan to Fight Inflation to provide swift relief to families and set the American economy up for long-term success. You can find the full NDC Inflation Action Plan here.
New Dems Make Progress on our Action Plan to Fight Inflation
- Passing the Inflation Reduction Act, legislation that reflects New Dem priorities and is key plank of our Action Plan to Fight Inflation
- New Democrat Coalition Celebrations Congressional Passage of the Inflation Reduction Act, LINK
- Passing the CHIPS and Science Act to lower costs, secure supply chains, and boost American global leadership
- New Democrat Coalition Celebrates Congressional Passage of Chips Legislation to Lower Costs, Secure Supply Chains, and Protect U.S. National and Economic Security, LINK
- New Democrat Coalition Chair Calls for Swift Passage of Chips Act for America to Secure Supply Chains, LOwer Costs, and Protect U.S. National and Economic Security, LINK
- Rolling Back Ineffective Trump-Era Tariffs
- New Dems Applaud President Biden’s Decision to Cut Energy Costs for Americans by Reducing Trade Barriers on Solar Products, LINK
- ICYMI: New Dem Reps. Spanberger, Schrier Lead Effort Pressing Biden Administration to Ease Tarriffs on Key Trucking & Shipping Parts, Lower Costs for Consumers, LINK
- Enacting a budget reconciliation bill that lowers costs for American consumers
- New Democrat Coalition, SEEC, Congressional Progressive Caucus Call on President Biden to Reach a Deal on Legislation to Tackle Climate Change, Lower Energy Costs, and Ensure U.S. Energy Independence, LINK
- New Dem Leaders Push to Keep Health Care Costs Low for Americans by Extending ACA Subsidies Without Delay, LINK
- Passing Legislation that Cuts Costs on Everyday Necessities for Americans.
- Following the Release of the Action Plan to Fight Inflation, New Dems Take Action to Cut Costs for Americans by Passing Ocean Shipping Reform Act, LINK
- Lowering Housing Costs and Building More Affordable Housing
- New Dems Call on President Biden to Take Action to Lower Housing Costs and Build More Affordable Housing, LINK
What They Are Saying: New Dems Are Taking Action to Lower Costs for Families with “Best Inflation Plan Yet”
Policy experts and economists have supported this action plan, calling it the “best inflation-fighting blueprint to come out of Congress yet” and work that “should receive urgent policy consideration.” The New Dem Action Plan to Fight Inflation has also been featured in the Washington Post, CNBC, Forbes and Fox.
Lawrence H. Summers, Former Treasury Secretary, Former Director of the National Economic Council, and President Emeritus of Harvard University: "Inflation is a central national challenge for the next several years. The New Democrat Coalition has done something very valuable in putting forth a concrete action plan. Its elements should receive urgent policy consideration."
Jennifer Rubin, Opinion Columnist at The Washington Post: "If only other politicians had the same nerve that the New Democrat Coalition does, we might make real progress on inflation in ways that don’t send the U.S. economy spiraling into recession."
Ben Ritz, Director of Progressive Policy Institute’s Center for Funding America’s Future in Forbes: “The moderate New Democrat Coalition (NDC) came forward today with a pragmatic 24-page Action Plan to Fight Inflation — and it’s the best inflation-fighting blueprint to come out of Congress yet. Overall, the NDC’s Action Plan to Fight Inflation presents Congressional leaders and President Biden with a strong menu of policy options that is far better than what their counterparts on the left are offering. It deserves high praise and consideration by their colleagues.”
New Dem Members Take Action to Lower Costs for Americans
- NDC Whip Chrissy Houlahan (PA-06):
- Houlahan- Backed Inflation Working Group Releases ‘Best Inflation-Fighting Blueprint to Come Out of Congress Yet’ LINK
- Houlahan Releases Action Plan To Fight Inflation LINK
- NDC Vice Chair Scott Peters (CA-52):
- ICYMI: Action Plan to Fight Inflation, Lower Costs Released by New Dem Coalition Led by Vice Chair Rep. Scott Peters LINK
- Rep. Peters Maintains Momentum to Lower Inflation and Cut Costs for Americans LINK
- NDC Vice Chair Sharice Davids (KS-03):
- Davids Calls For Increase in Refining Capacity to Lower Gas Prices LINK
- As White House Considers Gas Tax Holiday, Davids Calls for Immediate Relief LINK
- NDC Chair Emeritus Derek Kilmer (WA-06): Kilmer And New Democrat Coalition Announce Action Plan To Fight Inflation And Cut Costs For Americans LINK
- NDC Leadership Member Brad Schneider (IL-10): Schneider Helps Release Action Plan to Fight Inflation and Cut Costs for Americans LINK
- Rep. Cindy Axne (IA-03): Rep. Axne and New Democrat Coalition Release Comprehensive Action Plan to Fight Inflation and Cut Costs for Iowans LINK
- Rep. Val Demings (FL-10): Rep. Demings Announces Action Plan to Fight Inflation and Cut Costs for Americans LINK
- Rep. Ron Kind (WI-03)
- U.S. Rep. Kind: Announces action plan to fight inflation and cut costs for Americans LINK
- Rep. Ron Kind Votes for Bipartisan Package to Lower Grocery and Gas Costs, Strengthen Supply Chains LINK
- Rep. David Trone (MD-06): Trone Announces Action Plan to Fight Inflation and Cut Costs for Americans LINK
- Rep. Salud Carbaja (CA-24): Carbajal Touts Inflation Action Plan, Unveils Central Coast Inflation Resource Guide LINK
- Rep. Salud Carbajal: Key Pieces of Carbajal Inflation Action Plan Headed to President Biden’s Desk LINK
- Rep. Angie Craig (MN-02): ICYMI: New Dems Plan to Fight Inflation Includes Two of Craig’s Bills to Lower Costs for Working Families LINK